The diet was invented by a Swedish nutritionist Pierre Dukan who has more than 30 years of experience in nutrition. Dr.Dukan has written 19 books, which have been translated into 9 languages.
Like most diets and food systems, Dukan diet has a strong foothold:
1. The diet is easy to fit the tastes and needs of people. The whole process of losing weight starts with the testing, which helps to analyze your needs and your weight.
2. This nutrition system is positioned as a diet that helps you lose weight naturally, without exhausting yourself with starvation.
3. The diet involves going through four phases, from the first one, where you actively lose weight, up to the fourth, when you can afford some liberty, and this is the period of weight stabilization. Each phase has its own set of food products that help achieve this goal at some point or another.
• So, the first phase is called “Attack”. It is the time when you lose weight rapidly. It is allowed to eat 78 food products from a special list. Basically, this is food that is rich in proteins. The first few days may be the heaviest. The principles of this phase are: eat as much as you want, as long as the food is all from the list. It is important to eat no less than 3 times a day.
It is also needed to drink 1,5 liters of pure water a day. Another important component is oat bran. During the day you should eat 1,5 tablespoons of this “delicacy”.
At this stage we gradually begin to engage in sports, at least 20 minutes a day.
• The next phase is called “Cruise”. At this stage the desired weight is achieved. Here rotate the days when you eat only proteins, and days when you eat vegetables (28 items). You may alternate: 5 days of proteins, 5 days mixed; 1 day of proteins and 1 day mixed; 2 days of proteins and 2 days mixed.
• The third phase is called “Consolidation”. Here you lose about 1 kg every 10 days. This phase gradually prepares the body to going off the diet.
• The fourth phase “Stabilization”. Here you smoothly go out of the diet. However, you should be careful and attentive, because you can easily gain weight again.
The list of food products that are allowed.
1. Lean meat. Preferably beef or rabbit.
2. Chicken and turkey.
3. Low-fat ham.
5. Any fish and seafood.
7. Low-fat meat products.
8. Spices, mustard, herbs, onions, garlic, lemon juice.
9. Thistle, asparagus, broccoli, cabbage, celery, cucumbers, tomatoes, pepper, mushrooms, fennel, lettuce salad, onions, pumpkin, etc.
This diet gives good results even if you have a lot of extra weight. Besides, ration rich in proteins helps keeping a sense of fullness for a long time. However, you should remember that any diet has its contraindications. Therefore, before you start, make an appointment with a doctor, or listen to your body.