Here are some simple and easy to follow steps to lose weight fast. Lose those unwanted pounds and start to look great and feel good again.
– After breakfast, make water your primary drink
At breakfast, go ahead and drink orange juice. But throughout the rest of the day, focus on water instead of juice or soda. Research shows that sugary drinks do not trigger a sense of fullness the way that food does.
– Eat at least five servings of fruit and vegetables a day
Not only do fruits and vegetables fill you up, they also supply vitamins, minerals and antioxidants to improve your health.
– Make exercise part of your day
Exercise is vital and you must make time for it during your day. The best time to exercise is as soon as you get out of bed in the morning. Get up an hour earlier, have a walk, and then come back and go on with your day.
– Find an online weight-loss buddy
Studies find that online weight-loss buddies help you keep the weight off.
– Pare your portions
Whether you eat at home or in a restaurant, immediately remove one-third of the food on your plate. Studies find that if you serve people more food, they will eat more food, regardless of their hunger level.
– Hang a mirror opposite your seat at the tableOne study found that eating in front of mirrors slashed the amount people ate by nearly one-third.
– Eat 90 percent of your meals at home
You are more likely to eat more – and eat more high-fat, high-calorie foods – when you eat out than when you eat at home.
– Eat slowly and calmly
Your brain lags your stomach by about 20 minutes when it comes to satiety (fullness) signals. If you eat slowly enough, your brain will catch up to tell you that you are no longer in need of food.
– Take a walk before dinner
You will do more than burn calories – you will cut your appetite.
– Brush your teeth after every meal, especially after dinner
That clean, mint freshness will serve as a cue to your body and brain that mealtime is over.
– State the positive
If you keep focusing on things you can’t do, like resisting junk food or getting out the door for a daily walk, chances are you won’t do them. Instead, whether you believe it or not, repeat positive thoughts to yourself.